Memberships for 2017 are now coming due.
Early bird discount until 12/31/2016 – $30 pp – After January 1st, dues will be $40 pp.
Please see the membership page for details.
See the calendar for details.
Non-members can not vote at the meeting but are welcome to come and learn what has been going on and what are the plans for the future. The dancing begins at 5:00.
Join now! There’s still 1/2 a year left!
New (or “Re-New”) 2013 Memberships starting after July 1st will include a free pass to a future “regular” dance!
Hey there CT (& surrounding) Dancers ~
You will soon be seeing some NEW offers. ~
NEWDA (New England Western Dance Association) was very close to folding. The vote was 50/50.
Now, I/We are trying to give NEWda a NEW life for the NEW year.
I have been looking for Halls & talking to just a few DJs & Instructors (Many more will be hearing from me soon & feel free to contact me too!).
The plan is to rotate our dances to new areas of the state – We will also rotate days/times/Djs & Instructors – clubs & Halls.
That news will be posted once it is decided.
I am in need of helpers, officers & volunteers. (Message or email me???).
The club’s dues expired in Sept. We will soon be restarting dues (New year – New start!). These dues will help pay Hall deposits, insurance etc. You will get discounts for many of our dances.
The NEWDA website will be updated once we have a few more plans set – same with my own website.
I look forward to the challenge ~ Let’s do this together!
Our current budget is quite low & we will be looking for creative ways to increase that budget.
Mike Germon, Torrington will help us host a Holiday Party &
Linda has offered us a generous option at Illusions, Wolcott for New Year’s Eve –
Watch for details! There will be more fun things to follow!
Please reply directly to Lynne Flanders at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our club is in need of a rebirth which will require everyone’s help.
I thank all that have worked so hard to keep us together..
I understand the many challenges.
Money/ time/ commitment
Competition – there are currently many choices for our dancing pleasure.
Questions for all of you = Here’s your chance!!! Answer any or all – or come up with more questions!!!
1) How far would you travel for a dance? (from where?)
2) How important is it to you to be able to attend a dance and be able to bring snacks and drinks without charge?
3) How important are free/donated donuts & coffee?
4) How much would you spend for cover charge?
5) Would you like to see workshops? Line/Partner? (during the day?)
6) Please give each day a priority number that would indicate your ability to commit to attending dances:
Starting with number 7 being the highest ability to attend dance
Mon_____ Tue_____Wed_____Thurs_____ Fri_____ Sat______ Sun______
7) If NEWDA is on Friday, will you be dancing at Illusions, Caddy or elsewhere instead of NEWDA (no need to say which)?
8) if NEWDA is on Saturday, will you be dancing at Illusions, Caddy or elsewhere instead of NEWDA (no need to say which)?
9) Are you willing to help run a dance?
11) Are you willing to advertise for us?
12) Would you like to see us have fundraisers (for charity or people in need)?
13) Would you like to see dance demos organized at Fairs/Malls/etc (like the old days = Hunter Mountain & Indian Ranch)?
14) Dinner dances or Pot Lucks of interest???
15) Can you help us find some Halls? Churches? Firehouses?
16) Should we rotate to different areas that have no places to dance right now to build membership???? (refer to ?#1)
17) Would there be interest in renewing relations with CCMA?
18) Do you know anyone that might be interested in joining us?
19) How do you like our former halls? Rockwells? Franco? Thomaston Lanes? Others?
Watch for updates on Facebook page “New England Western Dance Association (NEWDA)” & our website. – This will take us some time… Please be patient.
Thank you, in advance, for all of your help!
Welcome to the new site. Take a look around and let us know what you think. We are always looking at bringing you key information in a timely manner. The new web site will grant committee members the ability to post messages as they need to. No more waiting for someone else to update the site.